DAY 1 :Ilkidingâ€™a village
Welcome to our village at the foot of Mount Meru where the sounds of rivers, birds and people are in harmony. A cultural tour of Ilkiding'a will give you the opportunity to experience traditional Wa-arusha culture. Spend a day walking around the hills of Ilkiding'a and get some insight into traditional African culture. Tours include:
- A view into the culture of the Wa-arusha.
- A warm welcome in local household and have a look in the way an extended family is living.
- A visit to craftsmen and a traditional healer.
- A walk through the farms where people produce cash crops to supply Arusha town.
- A rest at viewpoints overlooking Arusha town.
- Hikes along narrow footpaths, crossing a canyon and climbing small hills.
- Traditional food prepared by women.
DAY 2: Longido village
Experience one of Africa's most fascinating cultures, the Maasai with a visit to Longido. A cultural tour of Longido will give you the opportunity to experience traditional Maasai culture and interact with Maasai warriors. Spend a day walking around the extensive plains of Longido Mountain and get some insight into traditional African culture. Tours include:
- Walking safaris with Maasai warriors over the slopes of Longido Mountain.
- Bird-watching walks over the plains.
- A climb up the impressive Longido Mountain, through dense natural forest.
- A view into the culture and daily life of the Maasai.
- Sipping tea with Maasai people in a real Maasai Boma.
- End of the tour.
DAY 3 :Ngâ€™ires village
Welcome to the fascinating slopes of Mount Meru, where you can experience real African village life. We the villagers of Ng'iresi offer you:
- A guided tour of some farms on the green slopes of Mt. Meru.
- A visit to a number of development projects in our village (soil conservation, irrigation, cross breeding, bio gas, fish nursery).
- A climb to Kivesi Hill, an old volcano with a natural forest on top.
- A view into the Wa-arusha culture (old stories, traditional houses).
- Delicious lunch and dinner prepared by the Juhudi women's group.
- Visit to a traditional healer where you can see ancient remedies that have been used for thousands of years.